Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Rod's not-so-great birthday & the kids' crafts

We celebrated Rod's birthday (his 30th, of course) in August. Right before we had some friends over the night before, he slipped on one of the kids' scooters and landed on his arm/ankle (I did refrain from making too many "you're officially old" jokes at that time). He went to the ER the next day & found out he had a hairline fracture in his arm, so maybe it wasn't the most fun birthday but we still celebrated with some good food & I made him a carrot cake - his favorite.

The kids have gotten caught up in the duct tape craze & have been making all kinds of purses, wallets & various other creations with it. I'm still getting used to the fact that duct tape isn't plain old boring gray anymore! 

Love this pic of Ben hanging out by the pool with his boat in the water. It's cool to me that he still takes joy in the same things he did as a toddler! I hope he never loses the ability to find happiness in simple things.




No comments: