I know, I know, it's been a while. Really we haven't been terribly busy; life has settled down to a fairly predictable schedule now that the kids are both in school every morning. And what am I doing with my time, you might ask? Some *have* asked, in fact, so here's a little rundown of the variety of things that may occur on any given morning:
-exercising. I mix it up with step class, weights at the gym, walking the bridge, or jogging down East Beach. Lately I've found it hard to stay inside with the gorgeous weather, so the gym is happening less frequently.
-helping out AR (Accelerated Reading) testing at Ben's school. A bonus is being able to see him in the middle of the day, in his own little class environment. My heart melts at every glance of his sweet, proud face.
-coffee with friends, which we label as our group therapy session. Oh, is it ever!
-inevitable trips to Wal*Mart
-working from home (tutoring) or completing random projects around the house
I definitely get the most satisfaction out of helping with AR or doing home projects, so I'm working towards doing more of those things. Sophie's school is closed to visitors until after Thanksgiving to give the kids a chance to get adjusted before us parents come traipsing through. Although we'll be able to spend some time with her at the school's annual fall festival coming up this Friday; Rod & I will both be able to come. I'm on the committee so I'll be plying kids with cocoa & all the accoutrements so they'll be good & sugared up when they leave. Good times.
So I have to say things are sailing along at a pretty good pace right now. The kids both absolutely love school and we're ecstatic to see each other when they get home. I'm in fact a bit selfish about my time with them... they beg to go play with our neighbors' kids in the afternoons & I bribe them to stay in with me to do art projects, bake cookies, listen to music. Isn't it a mother's right to do twisted things like that?
1 comment:
thanks for making a post. Up in Ohio, we all read these. It is good for keeping up with y'all down south.
connie
Post a Comment