Circus & other thoughts
We went with our friends, Luke & Amelia, to the circus at the Biloxi coliseum. I'm not a huge fan of circuses - the animals always make me a bit sad, though Rod tries to convince me that they live a charmed life - but I was excited to see Sophie & Benji's reactions to it. And they loved it! The kids especially enjoyed the tiger act, and called them "ice cream tigers" since they were beige & brown. There was a bicycle act where a dude rode a bike the size of a welcome mat & then it fell apart. Sophie & Ben just collapsed in laughter, they said later that it was one of their favorite parts. We went to the pre-game activities, tried on circus costumes & watched the tightrope-walker guys get warmed up for the real thing. Maybe they didn't quite warm up as much as they should've, because one of them did the teetering "oh I'm gonna fall!" thing when he was on the high trapeze during the actual show, then stumbled to land, straddling the wire. Ouch. Ben's not old enough to really grasp the implications of that, though I saw Rod wince & shift in his seat. I've since heard from other friends that the tightrope "slip" happened during their show, too, at the exact same time... so maybe it wasn't such an accident, you know?They were having such a good time that they barely asked for souvenirs, which is pretty monumental. Because a bag of cotton candy, strategically placed inside a flimsy Dr. Seuss-ish hat, cost twenty dollars. TWENTY dollars! That's just wrong.



1 comment:
Looks like fun!
Post a Comment