Wednesday, August 6, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten!

It was an exciting day around here: Benji's first day of kindergarten! I must have started taking pictures too early, because after the first getting-ready shots he said, "Mom, please wait until I'm dressed!". Rod kept Sophie at home and Benji & I left for school at 6:55 so I could walk him to his class, and he settled right in at the Lego table. I was a bit teary but managed to hide it, since he was nothing but excited to be there! He rode the bus home and told me that he loved school, that his favorite part was riding the bus and his next favorite part was seeing me when he got off. Sophie hugged him and told him how much she missed him today, and they chased each other with a balloon around the house nonstop for about 2 hours this afternoon. Nothing like a little separation to bring on some sibling love! He was so exhausted when we got him to bed at 7:30, as you can see he crashed out immediately. I think he's going to have a great year.




2 comments:

Allison said...

I LOVE IT!!! Benji is too cute...I am so proud of him. I can't believe it's time for kindergarten already!

Candace said...

I tagged you in a Meme....so check out my blog it will tell you what to do. It is something fun and gives you something else to post.